Welcome to the Dogstock, one of the premier training seminars on the West Coast! Dogstock is a unique collaborative training event in the Northwestern Region of USCA, bringing together multiple teaching helpers and training directors from some of our top-performing clubs in the region. Handlers and spectators alike benefit from excellent training, from the collective knowledge and experience of veteran training and teaching helpers, and from the camaraderie and shared learning experiences of their fellow handlers. Dogstock is an event to remember!
Friday, after helper seminar: Field is open for protection, using the available helpers. Perfect time to run blinds in preparation for the Protection Tournament! If registered for Dogstock, training on Friday afternoon/evening is free. Otherwise, it will be $25.
DINNER MENU--Chef Stephen Romeo has prepared another amazing dinner for Saturday night!
> Larkspur Landing
1931 Taylor Rd, Roseville
- Reserve under "Dogstock" by May 26th.
- Pet fee: waived in lieu of a $20 minimum donation to Placer SPCA (paperwork for donation will be available at the front desk upon check-in. Otherwise, pet fee is $100).
- Rooms: $99 for studio, $124 for one bedroom
- Booking link: Reserve a Suite at Larkspur Landing Roseville for Dogstock!
> Staybridge Suites Rocklin
6664 Lonetree Blvd, Rocklin
- Pet fee: $45 for a 1-3 day stay; 80-lb max
> Holiday Inn Express, Lincoln
155 Ferrari Ranch Rd, Lincoln
- Pet fee: $35 per night
- Rooms: limited availability for the Dogstock weekend due to three large events occurring on the same weekend.
> Townplace Suites Marriott
10569 Fairway Dr, Roseville
- Pet fee: $100
- Rooms: filling up fast! Ideal for folks without dogs, as they were unable to waive the pet fee this time.
Camping is available at the PCSC field for Dogstock. We have some RV space available (no RV hookups) in the lot to the right of our club field. Please indicate if you have an RV on your entry form, and let us know when you will be arriving. Folks are also welcome to bring their tent to set up on the field after the protection tournament.
We are excited for you to join us! We do have a few rules that we expect all handlers and spectators to observe for everyone’s safety and well-being:
1. All dogs must be crated when not being worked, or leashed and under the handler’s direct control. No loose or out-of-control dogs.
2. Do not leave your dog without proper ventilation, shade, and supervision. Hot summer temperatures and shifting shade can result in heatstroke and death!
3. Only one dog at a time on the field during protection!
4. Do not cut through the training field during training; please walk around.
5. Clean up after your dog.
6. Good sportsmanship and courteous behavior are expected from all participants and spectators. Confrontational and unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated.
7. Spectators are welcome, but all spectators must register, sign in, and receive a wrist band. Spectators who bring their dogs must keep their dogs leashed and under their direct control at all times.
8. When registration opens, guests will be added to the board as they register/check-in. There will be two lines for check-in: one for advanced registration, one for day-of registration.
9. If a handler is not ready with their dog when it is their turn, they will be skipped and MOVED TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST for their flight!
10. Please do not bring a female in heat to this event.
Dogstock is a USCA-sanctioned event. USCA regulations regarding dog aggression, unsportsmanlike conduct, and inhumane treatment of dogs apply. Violators will be asked to leave the event, and formal charges may be filed through USCA. Additionally, registration fees will not be refunded. Help us keep Dogstock a safe, fun, and enjoyable event for all who attend!